- Twelfth Night at MTC. I wasn't sure about seeing this show, and put off buying tickets for ages. Eventually I bought a cheaper, under-30s ticket right before I turned 30, and I'm so glad I did. I loved this show, and was sad I couldn't see it again (I couldn't really afford to, but it was also sold out for the last week of its twice-extended run).
✔️ Publish two blog posts
- Monthly Review: December 2018
- 2018 in review (company review)
- How to get an API token for Exist
- Introducing ExistAPI: An open-source Swift framework
- 2018 review (personal review)
✖️ Finish Drawabox lesson 2
Lesson 2 included some texture work that I really hated. I took longer to get through that part because I kept putting it off. I didn't manage to finish lesson 2 in January, but I did come across a note to another student from the Drawabox creator explaining why setting goals for finishing Drawabox lessons is not a great idea, and it makes more sense to take as long as you need to get through the material. I'll try to keep drawing more regularly in future, but I'm not going to set goals for when to get various lessons finished anymore.
✔️ Release one side project update
ExistAPI in December, which is a Swift (iOS) SDK for the Exist API. In January I released an update that included support for
✖️ Release the current beta update of Exist for iOS
My plan for 2019 is to focus on stability more with Exist for iOS, which means much longer beta periods. The updates in the current beta have been tested for a while and I was hoping to have them out to the App Store in January. Unfortunately a few issues cropped up that meant the beta period needed to stretch a bit longer, so I didn't achieve this goal.
- Publish two blog posts
- Record one podcast
- Finish one book
- Release one public update to any code project
P.S. I make some stuff you might like: Exist, a personal analytics app to help you understand your life, Larder, a bookmarking app for developers, and Changemap, a roadmap and changelog for transparent teams.