What went well this month
- Custom tracking released to Exist for iOS beta testers. This is a big new feature we've been working on for Exist, which will let you track almost anything you want by adding word-based tags to each day. So far we've had a great response, so fingers crossed we'll be ready to release this publicly soon.
✔️ Get custom tracking in Exist for iOS ready for beta testers
Success! I had this goal set for May as well, which was really audacious, but I worked really hard in June to get it done and I'm excited to have managed it a week before the month was over.
Focus habit for June
Piano, 5 days/week
Thanks to custom tracking in Exist (as mentioned above), I can show you just how consistent I was with piano:
I just stopped my lessons, and you can see that the pressure of weekly lessons has made my practice habit drop off dramatically in the last few days (right-hand side) of that graph. I'm planning to find a new teacher who suits my needs better in the near future, but I'll have to work hard to make sure I get regularly practice in while I'm in-between teachers.
Books and media
I finished watching quite a few TV series this month!
- 3/5 The Practicing Mind: Developing Focus and Discipline in Your Life — Master Any Skill or Challenge by Learning to Love the Process, Thomas M. Sterner
- 3/5 We Wish to Inform You That Tomorrow We Will Be Killed with Our Families, Philip Gourevitch
- 3/5 20th Century Women
- 4/5 The Triplets of Belleville
- 4/5 Hotel Rwanda
- 3/5 House of Cards Season 5
- 4/5 Silicon Valley Season 4
- 3/5 Plebs Season 3
- 3/5 American Gods Season 1
- 5/5 Orange is the New Black Season 5
- 4/5 The Handmaid's Tale Season 1
- 4/5 Bob's Burgers Season 7
Goals for July
- Get tax-related numbers ready for accountant
- Publish one blog post
- Public launch of custom tracking for all Exist users
Focus habit for July
Piano practice 5 days/week
This review will be featured in the next edition of The Monthly Review. If you like to read monthly reviews, sign up for the newsletter to get a collection of personal reviews in your inbox every month. If you write your own reviews, sign up to participate and share your reviews and your process with others.