This month's goals
✔️ Finish editing my first personal essay and pitch it to a publication
✔️ Catch up on Exist iOS deadlines and be on time or early by end of September
✔️ Restart gymnastics classes
✖️ Draft a new essay/feature article
I got halfway through this, but it's not done.
✔️ Publish 3 posts on my blog
- 2016 goals, August edition
- How I use my two Midori Traveler's Notebooks
- Sketchnotes: motivation
- Some of my favourite blogs
✖️ Publish/submit 3 HC posts
Submitted two guest posts, but didn't get a third one done.
This month's daily habit
I restarted gymnastics, which is awesome, but it makes me so sore that I have to have lots of days off workouts in-between classes, so I didn't exercise very often this month.
Time spent coding
14h 55m, 20 commits
Slightly down on time, slightly up on commits. Already had a huge programming weekend on Oct 1-2, so this may be up again next month.
Most played music
- Just Mercy: A Story of Justice and Redemption, Bryan Stevenson 4/5 (Goodreads, Amazon affiliate link)
- Winter Season: A Dancer's Journal, Toni Bentley 3/5 (Goodreads, Amazon affiliate link)
- If This Isn't Nice, What Is?: Advice for the Young, Kurt Vonnegut 4/5 (Goodreads, Amazon affiliate link)
Theatre & events
Louis Theroux's Australian speaking tour! He was awesome.
Goals for October
- Launch first month of The Monthly Review
- Publish 4 posts for my blog
- Publish 3 posts for Hello Code/Larder/Exist
- Get started on tax returns
- Launch Exist for iOS update with location tracking
- Send new version of Exist for iOS to beta testers with HealthKit improvements
- Draft one personal essay/feature article
- Launch a new small new project I've started working on
- Draft another new project I've been planning
October daily habit focus
Exercise again. More consistent, more varied, focusing on increasing strength and losing fat.
This month I'm starting a new, free project called The Monthly Review. If you like to read monthly reviews, sign up for the newsletter to get a collection of personal reviews in your inbox every month. If you write your own reviews, sign up to participate and share your reviews and your process with others.